10 September 2007

Anyone else using IMVU?


I signed up to 3D Instant messenger IMVU and have had fun designing my 3D Avatar Just wanted to know if anyone else is using it? You earn credits for your first chat and by browsing the new products page and from signing up your friends.

You can change your avatars appearance buying outfits accessories hairstyles etc from the catalog with the credits you've earned, or you can just buy credits, there's lots of stuff to choose from it took me ages to find the right hair and today I even found a pentacle necklace.

When you chat it's in 3D room with furniture (you can also get furniture for your room with credits) and speech bubbles appear instead of writing in a box it's very different to other Instant messengers. It's taking me a while to get used to but you get the hang of it eventually, you can chat randomly to people too though I haven't had much luck with that so far.

You can also take snapshots of your avatars during chats like the one on the left I took of my avatar. You can create more than one avatar too though I haven't tried that yet I'm still getting to grips with one. Here's my IMVU Homepage if anyone would like to add me or download the messenger itself and start designing your own avatar click here.

1 comment:

SandyCarlson said...

Interesting. Thanks for updating my techie-limited mind!

Happy blog your blessings Sunday.