30 April 2011

New Networks I've Discovered

Regular readers will remember my post about being on sickness benefits due to anxiety based depression and social anxiety. Of course all the recent talk of the government trying to force people who cannot work back onto the dole (which is what will happen as there are not enough jobs for those able to work let alone all us that can't) has only served to make me more anxious and has driven me back onto medication.
It's given me some comfort today to find a network of blogs written by people in just my situation, including one which aims to promote self employment opportunities for people unable to take up conventional employment "workshy.info An Alternative work club" (see their button in my sidebar). Hopefully as the word spreads about sites like this we'll be able to find real decent earning opportunities and not have to depend on benefits so much.
I also found a blog provocatively titled "Diary Of A Benefit Scrounger" (http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspot.com/) a wonderfully written blog aiming to expose the truth about all us "benefit scroungers", and not the government propaganda that we're all here because we made a lifestyle choice and don't want to work.
I'd love to work but crippling anxiety and a lack of suitable jobs prevents me from doing that by conventional means. There are thousands like me unable to work due to painful physical and mental illness's  that are no fault of our own, so before you judge us and call us work shy scroungers put yourself in our shoes for a moment. Anyone could become unemployed in the current climate so if you have a job you are one of the lucky ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled on your blog and found it thought provoking - I live on the Isle of Wight and find myself stuck in a job I hate but can't afford to give up at the minute! Life isn't easy for people who don't fit into the neat pigeonholes of the work slave! Good luck with your anxiety and I hope things improve for you.
Steve.