28 January 2007

My Sunday Blessing - My Guitar.


The Guitar is A Honer Spanish classical acoustic that has been in my family since the mid 80's and is more than 30 years old. You can see the capo I use in the picture too, it's also very old, and a friend said when he saw it on the table it looked like some sort of medieval torture device I was inclined to agree, as it actually does.

At least 3 people have learned to play the Guitar on it the varnish has worn off the neck where C G and D are as a result. It has a nice sound and is light to have hanging around your neck for hours while you practice, It's getting quite famous now as there are a few photo's of me around holding it :).

It's nice to learn to play on a guitar that has such a history related to my own family as it does, when I get good I'll qualify to have a hand me down that can hold steel strings the only downfall of this guitar is it can't, the neck would bend with the tension. This isn't such a bad thing for a learner like me as I would slice my fingers to shreds learning on steel strings. I've been playing it loads this week trying to Learn "Stranger To Himself" by Sandy Denny and Fairport Convention in time for Tuesday, I might do it as well at the rate I'm going so wish me luck.

My blogging schedule will be returning to normal after Tuesday, if you need any info about Goddesses and Herbs there's a new plug in installed in my left side bar to give you the herb and Goddess of the day while I get my blogging act together.

6 comments:

Blue Panther said...

That is a beautiful guitar!

I think anything thast is handed down the family is very precious because once its lost, you can not buy it back even if you have all the money in the world.

Best wishes to learn to play the guitar soon!

kuanyin333 said...

Mahalo for sharing with us your cherished, well-loved guitar. Happy BYB Sunday!Blessings!

CyberCelt said...

May your fingers fly and the chords come easily this week. I think it is great that you are learning to play a song to share with others. Its a find thing to do.

Whatever said...

Its neat that you have a guitar with history for people to learn with. It's also cool that you keep playing --- I used to play an instrument but I got too lazy as time went on.

Unknown said...

heh heh heh

interesting that you chose your family heirloom guitar for your blessing =)

good luck with the guitar & ur performance

ps. the pic with you holding the guitar looks great. love the earthly colors.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and to have an instrument of heritage is a wonderful blessing.