22 September 2006

Amnesty International


I'm not normally a supporter of charities as I believe many do more harm than good, but one I do heartily support is amnesty international. They are a group of people from all around the world who stand up for peoples human rights and try to protect people wherever injustice and unfairness is going on. They are a group close to my heart as they have successfully campaigned in the to get personal friends of mine released from prison when they were locked up for being involved in a protest.

I've just joined the charity myself and urge anyone else who is interested in protecting human rights and humanity itself to join. Even if you can't afford to make a monthly donation you can still help by signing petitions and attending protests etc. The post title is a link to their website (the current one involved with the protect the human badges). Please check it out and see what you can do to help your voice is more important to them than your money.



No comments: